Qualifying for Bariatric Surgery?
Gastric band surgery is intended for people suffering from obesity or are overweight with serious medical conditions that are improved by weight loss. The following are general guidelines to help you decide if you are medically qualified for weight loss surgery. Keep in mind that your doctor is the only one who can give you a final answer on whether you qualify so you should schedule a consultation if you think this may be the right choice for you.
Gastric band surgery may be a good choice for you if:
- You have made serious attempts at weight loss with only short-term results
- You are over 18 years of age
- You have a BMI of at least 40
- You have a BMI of at least 30 with one or more obesity related illness
- You do not drink to excess
- You are not currently pregnant
Check Your Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Enter your age.
- Select your sex.
- Enter your height.
- Enter your weight.
- Click “Submit”