Meet Our Experts in Bariatric Surgery
Srinivasa Gorjala, MD, FACS
Dr. Srinivasa Gorjala is a general/bariatric surgeon who specializes in laparoscopic, endocrine and bariatric surgery. Dr. Gorjala received his MD from New Jersey Medical School and completed his surgery training at Medical College of Georgia and started practice in 1997.
Dr. Gorjala has brought various surgical innovations to the Northside Hospital network, such as advances in thyroid and parathyroid surgery including intra-operative parathyroid localization and assays. He has also brought a multi-disciplinary approach and a complete 360 care model to bariatric surgery. He uses the mini-invasive “single port” technique for the lap band surgery. Lifestyle magazine named him a “Top Doc” in 2007.
Nathaniel Lytle, MD, FACS
Dr. Nathaniel Lytle specializes in solid organ surgery, complex hernia repairs, treatment of diseases of the esophagus and stomach, as well as bariatric surgery. He strives to provide the highest quality of care for each patient he sees.
Education & Training
• Medical Education, University of Texas, San Antonio, TX
• Residency, University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
• Fellowship, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Certifications & Affiliations
• Board-certified, General Surgery
• Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
• Member, American College of Surgeons
• Member, American Medical Association