Egg Muffins are great ways to prepare easy on-the-go breakfasts that include a healthy serving of protein, vegetables and fat. They can be refrigerated and reheated throughout the week. These egg muffins are made with spinach, tomatoes, onions and cottage cheese (a great way to add a creamy cheesy taste and texture to your eggs with lots of protein – but without tons of added calories!). You can substitute different ingredients in the egg muffins based on your personal preference!
Ingredients (Yield 4 Servings)
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup of skim or fat free milk
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- ¾ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup diced onions
- ¾ cup 1% cottage cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan with cooking spray or line with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and cottage cheese. Stir in the spinach, tomatoes and onions.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 12 muffin pan cups and bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the egg is fully cooked. Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool.
Nutrition Facts – per 3 Egg Muffins
Total fat: 15 g
Total Carbohydrate: 7 g
Protein: 26 g