Roasted Baby Spring Vegetables
One of my favorite ways to eat vegetables is roasting them. Roasted vegetables require little effort, few ingredients, and are full of flavor and nutrients. This is a recipe for a pan of spring roasted vegetables using in season produce – but you can easily swap in and out vegetables based on your preferences.
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 pound baby carrots with tops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 (6-ounce) bag radishes, halved (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 2 cups (2-inch) slices asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Combine vinegar and shallots in a small bowl; set aside.
- Trim green tops from carrots; discard tops. Combine carrots and the next 5 ingredients (through radishes) in the bottom of a roasting pan, tossing gently to combine. Bake at 500° for 20 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from the oven; add shallot mixture and asparagus, tossing to combine. Return pan to oven; bake 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and chives.
Nutrition Information per 1 cup serving size:
Calories: 127 Fat: 2.2g Protein: 3.9g Carbohydrates: 24.6g