Zucchini Pizza Boats
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. 99% fat free lean ground turkey
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ½ tsp. basil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
- 8 tbsp. part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook until turkey is evenly browned, approximately 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in oregano, basil and marinara sauce.
- Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out some of the center to create a “boat” shape. Place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Fill the boats with the turkey, mushroom and sauce mixture.
- Top each boat with 1 tbsp. shredded cheese and ½ tbsp. of Parmesan cheese
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until cheese is bubbling and zucchini is tender